The Church of the Immaculate Conception in Lapeer and 40 Days for Life

After the prayers in front of an abortion mill the icon travelled to her next stop at the Church of the Immaculate Conception in Lapeer, Michigan.  Typically attendance at mass increases for a visit of Our Lady of Czestochowa.  As soon as the icon was installed we began the mass for a full church. As a ceremony during the mass girls offered flowers to the Black Madonna.  During tonight’s homily Fr. West quoted George Mason who said “As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world, so they must be in this.  By an inevitable chain of causes and effects, Providence punishes national sins by national calamities”.  Fr. West gave some examples of things like closing factories or business, layoffs and other similar things that might fall under national calamities which we often don’t connect with national punishment.

At 9:15 pm  to midnight there was time for adoration and praying with the Icon for young people.

March 28 began with a morning mass at 8:45am.  Douglas Terrien and Fr. Michael Zuelch are the priests on staff.  The mass was filled with youngsters from kindergarten through 8th grade.  After mass the school kids had a chance to venerate the icon.  The school kids really took to venerating the Black Madonna and thereafter we met Fr. Terrien and Fr. Zuelch for breakfast.  At breakfast the conversation turned towards our next stop and weather since we want keep the icon from being exposed directly to water.  The weather was uncertain and rain was predicted but the last rainfall and accompanying wind broke two of our umbrellas.  Fr. Douglas offered us one of his umbrellas that we gladly accepted.

Running out of time we headed to the first of two abortion mills to lead 40 Days for Life groups in prayer, both located in Sterling Heights.  The first location was at Woman Care abortion mill.  There were about 80 people gathered for the 40 Days for Life prayer vigil.  Fr. West lead prayers and blessed the people who gathered to pray for an end to abortion.

The second abortion mill was named Serendipity. A similar number of people showed up to this one too and some from the first prayer vigil followed us to the second.  Upon reaching the abortion mill the administrators came out of the building and started taking pictures of us while we prayed.  They also called the police.  The apparent accusation was that we were blocking the driveway - a false accusation.  Fr. West spoke with the police who arrived on the scene while everybody else continued to pray.  All was resolved peacefully and the prayer vigil ended after all prayers were said.

Chris Morales and
Fr. Peter West
Human Life International

>> Donate now <<